2023 BHNN FUNDRAISER GIVEAWAY OFFICIAL RULES
NO PURCHASE IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. ALL FEDERAL, STATE, LOCAL AND MUNICIPAL LAWS AND REGULATIONS APPLY. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
These rules (“Official Rules”) set forth the legally binding terms regarding the Sweepstakes on our Site. By entering the Sweepstakes you (“you” or “entrant”) are accepting the Official Rules, and you represent and warrant that you have the right, authority and capacity to agree to the Official Rules. You may not enter into the Sweepstakes if you don’t agree to be bound by the Official Rules.
2023 Maui Retreat Giveaway (the “Sweepstakes”) is open to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States and the District of Columbia who are at least eighteen (18) years old at the time of entry. Employees of Love Serve Remember Foundation and other companies associated with the promotion of the Sweepstakes, and their respective parents, subsidiaries, affiliates and advertising and promotion agencies as well as the immediate family (spouse, parents, siblings, children and household members of each such employee are not eligible. Past winners of the grand prize are are not eligible. The Sweepstakes is subject to federal, state, and local laws and regulations. Participation constitutes the entrant's full and unconditional agreement to the Official Rules. The Sponsors’ decisions are final and binding on all matters related to the Sweepstakes.
The Sweepstakes is sponsored by LOVE SERVE REMEMBER FOUNDATION and BE HERE NOW NETWORK (the “Sponsors”), located at 226 W. OJAI AVE., STE 101 #531, OJAI, CALIFORNIA 93023. AGREEMENT OF OFFICIAL RULES Participation of the Sweepstakes constitutes entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to and acceptance of the Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsors, which are final and binding. Winning a prize is contingent upon being compliant with the Official Rules and fulfilling all other requirements set forth herein.
The Sweepstakes begins on July 26, 2023 at 12:00 AM PT and ends on OCTOBER 11, 2023 at 11:59 PT (the “Sweepstakes Period”). There is an early bird window from May 25, 2023 @ 12:00 AM PT and July 25, 2023 @ 11:59 PT. Entries that are submitted before or after the Sweepstakes Period will be disqualified. Submissions will only be accepted ONLINE for the duration of the Sweepstakes.
HOW TO ENTER
Entrants can gain entries for the Sweepstakes by any of the following methods: Take any action on the Sweepstakes landing page (the ‘Site’) www.beherenownetwork.com/giveaway.
- Redeem entries from purchases or donations from the Site. The number of entries gained for purchases and donations will be specified on the Site page. The Sponsor retains the right to set, remove, and amend the purchase/donation-to-entry ratio at any time and from time to time, in its sole discretion. Entries may be earned on the Site by taking any actions stated on the Site including making a charitable donation or joining the Sponsor’s newsletter. Early Bird Double points will always upgrade to match the ratio of points to purchases. I.e. If our current promotion says 3 entries for $1 your double points entry value would be 6 entries for $1.
- Email Entry. Limit one (1) entry per person, per email address and per household for the duration of the Sweepstakes Period, regardless of method of entry. Entries received from any person, e-mail address or household in excess of the stated limitation will be void. All entries become the property of the Sponsor and will not be acknowledged or returned.
- Any of the following will void all entries and may result in the Entrant’s disqualification from all Sweepstakes:
- Use of any robotic, mechanical, automatic, programmed, or similar entry method, including without limitation submission of any copy, facsimile, or other reproduction;
- Entering more than the number of times permitted, including without limitation by using multiple email addresses, identities, or devices in an attempt to circumvent the Official Rules;
- Inaccurate, incomplete or untimely entries, or entries that do not comply with these Official Rules;
- Any violation of the Official Rules or the Sponsors’ Terms of Service.
On or about OCTOBER 11, 2023 the Sponsors will select the potential winner in a random drawing from among all eligible entries received. The odds of being selected depend on the number of entries received.
WINNER NOTIFICATION & VALIDATION
The Sponsors will attempt to notify the potential winner via email or telephone within five (5) business days of the close of the Sweepstakes Period. To claim the prize, a potential winner must reply to the Sponsors within the time indicated. If the potential winner cannot be contacted within three (3) days after the date of the first attempt to contact him/her, the Sponsor may elect an alternate potential winner in his/her place at random from the remaining non-winning, eligible entries.
Each Potential Winner (parent/legal guardian if a minor in his/her state of residence) will be required to complete, electronically sign and submit a Declaration of Compliance within (5) days of the date notice or attempted notice is sent, in order to claim his/her prize. If a Potential Winner fails to submit the Declaration of Compliance within the required time period, or the prize is returned as undeliverable, Potential Winner forfeits the prize.
If the Potential Winner is at least 18 but still considered a minor in his/her jurisdiction of residence, Sponsors reserve the right to award the prize in the name of his/her parent or legal guardian, who will be required to sign the Declaration of Compliance on the potential winners behalf and fulfill any other requirements imposed on winner set forth herein.
Potential Winner must continue to comply with all terms and conditions of the Official Rules, and winning is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements.
Before awarding a prize, the Sponsors may require a Potential Winner to furnish proof of identification and other proof of eligibility under the Official Rules. A Potential Winner will also be required to execute and deliver a tax acknowledgement form and an Affidavit of Eligibility and Publicity Release, pursuant to which a Potential Winner will grant the Sponsors certain rights to use his or her name, likeness, photographs, biographical information, and other publicity rights as specified therein. If the applicable jurisdiction of a Sweepstakes prohibits the conditioning of participation in a Sweepstakes on consent and release regarding publicity, such Potential Winner must object to the Sponsors in writing during the Verification Process.
Except where prohibited by law, regardless of whether a background check is performed, the Sponsors reserve the right to disqualify a potential winner from a Sweepstakes if the Sponsors determine in their sole discretion that potential winner’s receipt of a prize or publicity in connection with a Sweepstakes could reflect negatively on, or harm the business or reputation of the Sponsors. You agree to reasonably cooperate with the Sponsors in connection with any such background check.
A Potential Winner must execute and return all documents within ten (10) business days from the date they are sent, or the prize may be forfeited (the “Verification Period”).
In the event that a Potential Winner is disqualified for any reason, Sponsors will award the applicable prize to an alternate winner by random drawing from among all remaining eligible entries. Only three (3) alternate drawings will be held, after which the prize will remain un-awarded. Prizes will be fulfilled 3-4 weeks after the conclusion of the Sweepstakes.
One person will receive two (2) passes to attend the 2023 Open Your Heart in Paradise Ram Dass Legacy Retreat at the Napili Kai Beach resort in Maui, Hawai’i. The retreat will run through Nov 29, 2023 - Dec 4, 2023. Roundtrip airfare to Maui, Hawai’i and 5 nights accommodations at Napili Kai Beach Resort will be provided and include delicious, healthy vegetarian-focused meals. The Sponsors will provide roundtrip shuttle service from Kahului (OGG) airport to Napili Kai Beach resort.
All decisions regarding travel and the itinerary will be made by the Sponsors at their sole discretion.
All expenses not specified in the Sweepstakes Rules, including but not limited to, baggage fees, lodging, ground transportation and fuel, meals beverages, gratuities, incidentals, and taxes are the sole responsibility of the winner.
The right to receive a prize is non-assignable, non-transferable and no prize substitution, exchange or cash equivalent will be allowed, except by the Sponsors, which reserve the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value in its sole discretion.
Federal, state and local taxes, if any, are the Potential Winner’s sole responsibility. All of the winners of prizes valued at $600 or more will be issued an IRS Form 1099.
If a prize includes travel, all decisions regarding the itinerary will be made by the Sponsors at their sole discretion. All expenses not specified in the Sweepstakes Rules, including but not limited to, baggage fees, ground transportation and fuel, meals beverages, gratuities, incidentals, and taxes are the sole responsibility of the winner.
The winner and any travel companions are solely responsible for satisfying all legally require conditions of travel. The winner and any travel companions must travel on the same itinerary and from the same departure location.If the winner lives within a 150 mile radius of the location where the prize is to take place, the Sponsors reserve the right to provide ground transportation instead of airfare (if airfare is offered as part of the applicable prize).
Any unused portion of a prize are not transferable or exchangeable and cannot be redeemed as cash.
In the event that the operation, security, or administration of the Sweepstakes is impaired in a any way for any reason, including, but not limited to fraud, virus, bug, worm, unauthorized human intervention or other technical problem, or in the event the Sweepstakes is unable to run as planned for any other reason, as determined by Sponsors in its sole discretion, the Sponsors may, in its sole discretion either:
- (a) suspend the Sweepstakes to address the impairment and then resume the Sweepstakes in a manner that best conforms to the spirit of the Official Rules or
- (b) terminate the Sweepstakes and, in the event of termination, award the prize at random from among the eligible, non-suspect entries received up to the time of the impairment.
The Sponsors reserve the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes or to be acting in violation of these Official Rules or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Any attempt by any person to damage the website or undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, the Sponsors reserve the right to seek damages (including attorney’s fees) and any other remedies from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Failure by the Sponsors to enforce any provision of the Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
RELEASE AND LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY
By participating in the Sweepstakes, entrants agree to release and hold harmless the Sponsors, and each of their respective parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising and promotion agencies, other companies associated with the Sweepstakes, and each of their respective officer, directors, employees, shareholders, representatives, and agents (the “Released Parties”) from and against any claim or cause of action arising out of participation in the Sweepstakes or receipt or use of the prize (including any travel or activity related thereto), including, but not limited to:
- (a) any technical errors associated with the Sweepstakes, including lost, interrupted or unavailable Internet Service Provider (ISP), network, server, wireless service provider, or other connections, availability or accessibility or miscommunications or failed computer, satellite, telephone, cellular tower or cable transmissions or computer hardware or software malfunctions, failures or difficulties;
- (b) unauthorized human intervention in the Sweepstakes;
- (c) mechanical, network, electronic, computer, human, printing or typographical errors;
- (d) application downloads,
- (e) any other errors or problems in connection with the Sweepstakes, including , without limitation, errors that may occur in the administration of the Sweepstakes, the announcement of the winner, the cancellation or postponement of the event and/or the flyover, if applicable, the incorrect downloading of the application, the processing of entries application downloads or in any Sweepstakes-related materials; or
- (f) injury, death, losses, or damages of any kind, to persons or property which may be caused directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant participation in the Sweepstakes or acceptance, receipt or misuse of the prize (including any travel or activity related thereto.) Entrant further agrees that in any cause of action, the Released Parties liability will be limited to the cost of entering and participating in the Sweepstakes, and in no event shall the entrant be entitled to receive attorney’s fees. Released Parties are also not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by the site, users, tampering, hacking, or by any equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Sweepstakes. Entrant waives the right to claim and any damages whatsoever, including, but not limited to, punitive, consequential, direct, or indirect damages.
BINDING NATURE, WAIVER, INDEMNIFICATION
By entering the Sweepstakes, you agree:
- (a) to be bound by the Official Rules and by all applicable laws and by all decisions of the Sponsors, which shall be binding and final;
- (b) to waive any rights to claim ambiguity with respect to these Official Rules;
- (c) to waive all of your rights to bring any claim, action, or proceeding against any of the Released Parties in connection with the Sweepstakes; and
- (d) to forever and irrevocably agree to release, defend, indemnify, and hold harmless each of the Released Parties from any and all claims, lawsuits, judgements, causes of action, proceeding, demands, fines, penalties, liability costs and expenses (including, without limitation, reasonable outside attorneys’ fees) that may arise in connection with:
- (i) the Sweepstakes,
- (ii) typographical or printing errors in these Official Rules or any other Sweepstakes materials,
- (iii) any change in any prize (or any components thereof) due to unavailability, or due to reasons beyond the Sponsors’ control,
- (iv) any interruptions in or postponement, cancellation, or modification of the Sweepstakes,
- (v) human error,
- (vi) incorrect or inaccurate transcription, receipt or transmission of any entry,
- (vii) any technical malfunction or unavailability of any telephone network, computer system, computer online service provider, or mail service utilized by any of the Released Parties or by you,
- (viii) interruption or inability to access any online service via the Internet due to hardware or software compatibility problems
- (ix) any lost/delayed data transmissions, omissions, interruptions, defects, and/or any other errors or malfunctions,
- (x) any late, lost stolen, mutilated, misdirected, illegible, delayed, garbled, corrupted, destroyed, incomplete, undeliverable or damaged entries,
- (xi) any wrongful, negligent or unauthorized act or omission on the part of any of the Released Parties,
- (xii) lost, late, stolen, misdirected, damaged or destroyed prizes (or any element thereof), or
- (xiii) negligence or wilful misconduct by you.
Except where prohibited, each entrant agrees that any and all disputes, claims,causes of action arising out of or connected with, the Sweepstakes or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the appropriate court located in California. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of the Official Rules, entrants rights and obligations, or the rights and obligations of the Sponsors in connection with the Sweepstakes, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of California, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules, which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than California.
When you submit any photo, answer, drawing, or any other materials to us in connection with the Sweepstakes (collectively “Materials”), you are granting the Sponsors and the other Released Parties a worldwide, non-exclusive, perpetual, royalty-free right and license to copy, use, distribute, and otherwise exploit in any manner such Materials, in whole or in part, in any manner in any media now known or hereafter discovered. The Sponsors shall have no obligation to use any Material in any manner.
To request the name of the winner send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to Love Serve Remember Foundation 151 NC HWY 9, STE B #216 BLACK MOUNTAIN, NC 28711. Winner List requests will only be accepted after the promotion end date (listed above).
For the winner list you can also send an email.